HBA members earn professional designations
A designation from the National Association of Home Builders or the North Dakota Association of Builders offers excellent opportunities for HBA of F-M members to improve skills, advance their careers and be recognized for commitment to professional growth. Click here for list of professionals in the F-M area with home building designations through NAHB or NDAB.
Here is an explanation of the designations the HBA is highlighting:
National Association of Home Builders designations
NAHB has the most targeted curriculum, accomplished teachers and widely respected education opportunities in the business.
- Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation program teaches the technical, business management and customer service skills essential to competing in the aging-in-place market.
- Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) is an exclusive professional designation designed to emphasize business and project management skills.
- Certified Green Professional (CGP) teaches builders, remodelers and other industry professionals techniques for incorporating green building principles into homes—without driving up the cost of construction.
- Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) is an exclusive professional designation designed to emphasize business management skills as the key to a professional remodeling operation.
To earn these designations, members must take NAHB-approved courses from a set curriculum and keep up with continuing education.
North Dakota Professional Builder (NDPB) designation
North Dakota Professional Builders are required to:
- Meet membership requirements of their local home builders association.
- Must have held a contractor’s license in the state of North Dakota for at least two years.
- Comply with all appropriate North Dakota statutes concerning contractors.
- Build in compliance with appropriate local, state and national building codes.
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics of North Dakota Association of Builders.
- Complete seven credit hours of continuing education annually.