September is finally here and so is the Fall Parade of Homes and Remodeled Home Tour, our local homebuilding and remodeling industry's showcase of their work and renovation projects!
The Fall Parade of Homes runs two weekends: Sept. 16-17 and 23-24. The Remodeled Home Tour runs Sept. 23-24 only. Hours are noon - 5 p.m. each day. Visit www.paradefm.com for all the details, or pick up a magazine now at any Hornbacher's. It's a great time to buy or remodel and to take advantage of great interest rates, tax incentives and contractor promotions to realize the benefits of a new home or renovation.
These are five reasons you need to attend if a build/remodel is right around the corner, and even if it could be years down the road.
- Research - Explore ideas and trends to update your current home. Do your homework now if you're planning to build or renovate. It's a very detailed process.
- Meet the men and women behind the work - Acquaint yourself with the builders/remodelers in our community. Many of them and their staff work in the homes. Get a feel for their personalities and construction style.
- Understand construction - Discover how floor plans and traffic flows work.
- Experience your community - Get out of your daily routine and travel to areas you have yet to discover in the F-M community.
- Visualize the future - The Internet and magazines are great, but walking into a new or remodeled home to see it first-hand, helps you picture the possibilities.
The Parade or Remodeled Home Tour gas reasons for attendees of any age to head out!
- Be inspired - Whether it is technology, design or decor, every year, the Parade of Homes and Tour offers opportunity to dream!
- Socialize - These events are great excuses to get your friends and family together and head out for a fun afternoon.
- Stretch your legs - Fall always features beautiful weather. Enjoy it by walking from house to house.
- Support a charitable cause - Our luxurious featured homes/renovation projects charge a $5 admission that goes to Home Builders Care of F-M Foundation, the HBA's charity supporting workforce development, scholarships and projects related to the housing industry. Learn more at www.hbcfm.com.
- Satisfy your curiosity - Interested in stepping into a remodeled home similar to yours to see exactly what they did to change it up? Who doesn't like to take a peek into a brand new high-end home and all it offers? Here's your chance!
Bonus tip: Be sure to wear comfortable, slip-on shoes and socks. This ensures a seamless entrance and exit from each home, and the socks are a hygienic courtesy to current and future homeowners. Happy touring!